الإثنين 20-08-2018 09:36:40 ص : 8 - ذو الحجة - 1439 هـ

China explores sunken ship of 500 years old

الثلاثاء 21 أغسطس-آب 2012 الساعة 07 مساءً / 26 September Net
عدد القراءات (1527)

More than 30,000 pieces of antiques are expected to be salvaged from Nan'ao-1, an ancient merchant vessel that sank about 500 years ago off the coast of Guangdong Province.

Upon the conclusion of an underwater archaeological mission, about 10,000 pieces of newly salvaged antiques will be exhibited in the Nan'ao Museum in Shantou, said Huang Yingtao, director of the museum.

The salvage operation, which started in June, was suspended due to the effects of typhoon Kai-Tak, which made landfall in the coastal area of Guangdong at noon on Friday.

This round of underwater archaeological work on Nan'ao-1 will finish by the end of September, said Cui Yong, head of the team of archaeologists.

Archaeologists conducting the underwater work will measure the length of the wreck after the antiques are salvaged.

Archaeologists had previously recovered over 20,000 antiques, including porcelain and copper coins, and identified 25 cabins.

The ship sank in the Sandianjin waters off Nan'ao County, Shantou, during the mid- or late-Ming Dynasty (1368-1644).

The ship is believed to have been bound for the Philippines and Malaysia, said Cui.

Guangdong was a major center for sea trade in ancient China.

Local fishermen found the wrecked ship, estimated at 25 meters in length and seven meters in width, in May 2007. It was buried in silt 27 meters underwater and about 5.6 nautical miles from Shantou.

Experts said the antiques salvaged from the Nan'ao-1 provide evidence that the "Maritime Silk Road" once existed in the South China Sea.

Source:  http://www.lifeofguangzhou.com

 

كلمات دالّة

أخبار عاجلة
الحديدة:شهداء وجرحى من الصيادين بغارة استهدفت قاربهم في جزيرة السوابع
جبهة نهم:مصرع وجرح عدد مرتزقة بعملية هجومية على مواقعهم في القرن
سلاح الجو المسير يشن غارات على تجمعات العدوان في صحراء ميدي بقاصف1
الجوف:طيران العدوان يستهدف في منطقة خب والشعف 3أطقم محملة بمرتزقته ومصرع وجرح من عليها بينهم 5 قيادات
ارتفاع غارات طيران العدوان على مديريتي همدان وأرحب إلى 30 مخلفة أضرارا بمنازل المواطنين وممتلكاتهم
المصدر:تدمير15ما بين مدرعةأمريكيةوطقم وعربة في الهجمات الفاشلةللغزاة

استشهاد وإصابة 17 صياداً وفقدان 4 بغارات العدوان قرب جزيرة السوابع بالحديدة

2018-08-19
214 ) مشاهدة
استشهد 13 صياداً وأصيب أربعة آخرون بغارات لطيران العدوان الأمريكي السعودي بالقرب من جزيرة السوابع بمحافظة الحديدة . وأوضح مصدر أمني بالمحافظة لوكالة الأنباء اليمنية (سبأ) أن طيران العدوان استهدف قاربي صيد بالقرب من جزيرة السوابع ما أدى إلى استشهاد 13 صياداً و إصابة أربعة ، فيما لايزال أربعة آخرين في عداد المفقودين . قراءه التفاصيل
عرض المزيد
سبتمبر موبايل